Thursday, November 28, 2013

Down the memory lane.....

Very often I take a trip down the memory lane, and most likely the person who comes to my mind is my dad..Today is one of those days where I am just not able to hold back my tears....So I thought to convert those emotions in the form of writing.

There were times when I felt like the child of some celebrity...yes, my dad was quite well-known in his field. And to this day, I can vouch that if I take my dad's name, many many people will come up with the positive changes they have experienced and learnt from my dad. Like many others, my dad has also seen many ups and downs in his life, and I have always been encouraged and motivated by him even as a child. He never told me what I should be doing. Rather, he has always given me the freedom to do what I want to. Even when I made mistakes and fell, I don't remember any moment where he has taken me to task. He has never imposed his beliefs on me, but used to give me enough choices right from an early age. I think that kind of an upbringing has molded me into the person I am today.


It's been nearly a decade since he has passed away, but this relationship will always be etched in my memory forever. A person who has always shielded the family from all possible disastrous situations was not able to make it to see how his children have become this day.


I am very proud of the way our dad has brought us up and has always stood up for himself and has also supported his own family to the maximum. As an adult, I realize that there could not have been a better way for him to handle the things he did. Whatever he had been put through was so trying, and yet, we were never able to see what was the exact problem, and it was only during his last few years that I could feel the intensity, and that was because he was loosing it all due to health reasons.


Now I think he left us only so that he wanted us to put into practice all that he has tried to teach us by way of his life. I am so grateful that the Almighty bestowed me with a dad like him. This is not a relationship that I would want to repay, but I want to take more strength from his memories to keep going. Wherever he is, I wish that he is watching upon us and happy with the way we have taken off.


This picture & words so much reflects upon my thoughts about my dad....







No comments:

Post a Comment