Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Taking a stand.....

How often do we take a stand for what we know is the right thing to do or say?
Well, I have to admit that there were times when I was not sure of what I wanted , and my mind was in disarray. This eventually led me to fall many times, but I am glad that the trait of resilience has only been increasing over time.

Just around the time I started this blog, things were starting to look brighter. It also got to a point where I started feeling that "Isn't it too much for me to handle now?" Maybe I shouldn't have doubted the Universe at all ! Because the next week was too stressful. 


It was at such a time last week I realized that taking a stand for our near and dear ones is always worth it, even if it may mean that we are taking few risks. I am not sure whether I would go into details of what happened at this point of time, but the crux of the incident is that I had to take a stand as my dear ones were getting hurt over and over. At the heat of the moment, all I knew was that I had to stand up and speak my thoughts. And I am glad that I did not use superfluous words while trying to put across my point.


I still know not whether the person concerned is going to get back at me for having taken a stand, but then if I can be cautious of things around me, and keep communicating with people around, I think it should be okay.



I liked the following quote which echoes my sentiments.


Be bold enough to 
use your voice
brave enough to 
listen to your heart, 
and strong enough 
to live the life you've 
always imagined !

Many a times, I have seen that I give my best in those situations when I feel there are only a few options or none at all. I guess that makes you grow stronger as an individual, don't you think so?

Have any of you come across situations where you had to take a stand because you had no other choice? Please do share your comments......


I hope to come up with a little more interesting reads, as I think I have been overly philosophical from the time I have started this blog, but as I said, this blog is all about writing whatever that comes up my way and I just feel like randomly penning down my thoughts....You never know who will strike a chord with you ! 




No comments:

Post a Comment